August 22, 2012

Review: The Ultimate Merger by Delaney Diamond

Author - Delaney Diamond
Genre - Erotic Romance
Series - Hot Latin Men (Prequel to book #4)
Format - Ebook (40p.)
Rating - 3/5 stars

The Ultimate Merger is a short story. It's the prequel to Second Chances, Book 4 of the Hot Latin Men series.

Two workaholics slow down long enough to find love when they least expect it.

Renaldo da Silva is on the verge of entering the U.S. market with the purchase of a hotel in downtown Chicago. After working hard for several days straight, he heads to a local bar and sees a woman who instantly makes him reconsider how to spend his evening.

When another one of her male counterparts unfairly becomes the lead on a project, Sabrina Porter leaves work intent on drowning her sorrows in wine and loud music at a local bar. Instead, she meets a sexy Brazilian who’s intent on showing her a different way to unwind.


• Review •
I didn't love THE ULTIMATE MERGER too much. For an erotic read, the sex was awful. For a romantic read, the romance was glossed over and weak. As the reader, you don't get to see the "love" they feel for each other grow. All you get is… they meet, have sex, weeks go by (that the reader isn't privy to), professing of love all around, and he proposes… the end. To top it off, I didn't like the characters that much either. I feel kind of cheated.

I did enjoy the pacing and writing immensely though. Which is why I didn't DNF the story. And I loved Sabrina up until the second chapter. That accounted for something. At about 40 pages and free, it was better than I expected. Not bad, but not for me. I'd recommend it to those planning on reading the 4th book in this series since THE ULTIMATE MERGER is the prequel to it, or to try out the author (I'm not a fangirl yet, but dying to try another book by her).

Cover musings:

It's kind of dark. I like the gold touch though.

Favorite moment:

- When Renaldo and Sabrina were discussing their future kids… Cute and silly fun.

★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^